Thursday, September 11, 2008

Positive!

Gosh! I woke up today in good spirits, having read an article in Cosmopolitan about having a positive out-look on life, having peace with the world and loving the ones around, despite the challenges I’m face with. This all sounded easily applicable, until the realities of my life hit me. Even the simplest of all things are complicated at the moment. To start off, I was playing the nice neighbour yesterday and borrowed the girl next door my cell phone charger. She was borrowing it for the second time now two days in a row. I understood the first time she wanted it because she gave me some kak story about forgetting hers at her sister’s place. Yesterday I got a bit pissed off, but thought to myself: loosen up, it’s only a charger! And damn I hate listening to that little voice now. I woke up this morning with my phone’s battery completely dead (all thanks to chatting with my long distance boyfriend till 2am on mxit), and guess what? My good neighbour had left for work and didn’t bring back my charger. Mind you, I’m currently looking for a job and am expecting calls from possible employers, what’s the positive now? Where is the bright side in this? I can’t see it! but I guess I just have to live with that now!damn late this afternoon when she comes back, I’m going to give her a piece of my mind. With out any connection to the world, I lazily dragged myself out of bed and made breakfast, not cereal this time, I felt like having something junk and yes wait for it FATNING! My last night’s dinner leftovers did the trick. I warmed it up quickly and stuffed my face till I felt FAT and surprisingly HAPPY!Amazing!And I realised that even though the whole mood downer came in the form the charger saga, it wasn't the main source of my stress. It's my being unemployed that is.Well just between me and you, I wasn’t surprised by my sudden mood change. My junk food makes me happy. Well I’ve seen self help books and Dr. Phil bashing how comfort eating is, and yeah I agree with them for health purposes, but damn I can’t suffer in silence( in this case, Hunger). It’s not an everyday thing wethu. And hey there’s a bright side to this one. I may be going to gain a few kilos, but I’m happy. Spirits back on a high ke ngok, and with Common as my sound track for this morning, nothing can stop Me! while singing along to the song he did for the movie "Freedom writers" I have dream, something inside me suddenly came alive. Apart from the fact that I realised that yes, I am free, I am a writer, I am uZona and, yes I believe in me. I will succeed. Not even the fowl mouthed taxi driver that I used on my way to town wont put me down. Now listening to a tune by Mika called Relax! (listening to it in my head though, I'm at the library kalok), nyani ke maybe I should relax, I may be out of a job for now, but what's the use of stressing?I know I'm doing my best, and something big is yet to come for me. Ndipholile nyan ke ngok. but as for intombi ye charge!Mhmm mandngathethi...
Later!

1 comment:

Abo said...

Relax.... take it eeeeeeeasy.....
LOL! Love that song.... Ms Thng, u are it! dnt matter what happns, when it happns or how.... th best way to deal is by coaxing urslf up everytime u fall..........

Much love