Wednesday, October 22, 2008

too little time so much to do

Well there's a lot of catching up to be done but eish I aint got time.Anyway, Here goes, I got fired, cried, got used to it, sat at home for a month doing nothing and just trying to figure out what I will do differently next time. After noticing that I wasn't getting any replies from the big dogs in the media industry my last option was my hometown's community radio station eMthatha. Like I said it was really my last option to be able to graduate next year. I packed all my staff at home(in East London) went to eMthatha without even sending in my CV first, anyway who can do better at expressing my capabilities between I and a piece of paper?obviously ME!It went well, but problem is I DON'T GET PAID, not even a cent. Kuyafiwa ke apho, working each day knowing damn well that I wont get no money at the end of it. but the issue of passion comes up again. I get to do what I've always wanted to do here. Funny as it may sound, I've always wanted to sign out maan after finishing a report...kanje yabo...For CNN news I'm Zona Mpendulo...lmao...eish andkatsho ngok, ndisathi UCR fm, but it's a start nhe!ey call me vane or whatever, but I like being credited. Even with the whole newspaper and byline thing, it's all about recognition, you know. The satisfaction of knowing that your work is published and will be heard and seen. There isn't much of a difference in what I do here daily and what I used to do at the newspaper. I still go for diary meetings, go out there, interview people, do research yonke wethu, but the credit comes faster, and I get to do my cliche sign off.lol. It's going well, Qha I've had some embarassing moments, where I felt like never going back on air again while reading the news nhe!I started off nicely, hey andazanga kwaqalela phi!andabhuda hayi kangaka!I was doing the isiXhosa bulletin, a story bout some prisoners who escaped. hay ke ndatsho ndatsho, then this line was bout prison warders/wardens/whatever wethu andaz kthwan xa zibizwa, but ngesiXhosa ngaMadindala, ndabhidwa...khala ngoMadiba,madinana, I just froze nje from there. Just reading njee without feeling it or understanding what I was saying. I still find it hard to lough about it nangok. A good friend advised me to be easy on myself and lough at myself, but I can't....Anyway that's done...now I have another challenge facing me!I'm starting the grave yard program tonight, yinto endizaythetha naban eyo cwabaza ngobusuku talking to "ghost" listeners..hehee!but I'm looking forward to it. very excited. I've started compiling for it now, Cause I'm done at the news department. I'm very excited, I'm doing the show with Masta P, who's been with the station for a while now. Will tell you tomorrow ke uba i "late night virgin breaking"yam ihambe njani. Lonto ke I haven' t even told my Grandpa that I will be working late, I think he's gonna make a fuss bout it. My old man just can't get it through he skull that I'm old now, and I have to do these things. I heard from my uncle that uTamkhulu said ndiya Outta, yhe madoda, can't a girl live a little? He was talkin bout the fact that I went for drinks to a friend's place on Saturday, I got a bit tipsy(maybe not a bit) I just couldn't go home like that. but I did give him a call telling him a story. What did he want me to do ke? hay hay hay...
Ey mand'hambe
Later

No comments: